Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Running late

I hate being late. Be it a meeting, class, work, dinner in the next town, dinner at home, dinner with parents...I can't stand being late.

That's not to say that I'm never late. There are times when I accidentally misjudge the distance from Point A to Point B, due to traffic and/or weather and I end up missing the scheduled time by a couple minutes. I've never been more than 20 minutes late for any event that I had to show up for by myself.

When I'm late, it's never on purpose. Though I can't help it if I'm 5 minutes late to a class because I walk slower than usual from staying up all night.

As for being early...Well, there's me being slightly early, and there's me being really early. Slightly early would be me arriving about 5 minutes earlier. This...doesn't happen often, I can honestly say. Even for work I arrived earlier than that.

Really early, as some people call it, would be me arriving any more than 15 minutes early. Class, meetings, work, just about any important event that I need to attend, I'll be there early. Class and meetings, mostly just to make sure I have a nice cozy spot in the middle of the room. Work...I never really figured out why I bother to go to work early. It means spending more time in a place that I don't really like being...I guess it just beats being late.

Being on time doesn't cut it for me. I just like beating the clock, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment